Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Same God, Different Me.




Wow, it's been 10 years. Here in the US. And can I just say God has been FAITHFUL! 
I arrived in 2004 with a dream and plan of how my life will pan out...ha! If only I knew...Lol! 
Through it all, He remains the same! He was the same in 2004; He is the same in 2014! I am unashamedly in love with my Father God and I'm thankful to be called His own. I still get people ask me why/how I do what I do and juggle it all as a wife, mom, student, sister, daughter....etc. and all I can say is it's by His Grace alone. I am who/what I am because I have been graced/approved by God for my assignment and purpose here on earth.
To be the best wife to my wonderful hubby.
To be the best mom to my adorable Jolly.
To be the best sister  & daughter to my family.
To be the best student, friend, colleague...etc, that I can be.

My defintion of 'best' is unique to me and my circumstances. I refuse to use someone else's definition of what is best to define my life.

And so with that I say this, don't compare yourself and pine away desiring someone else's life. You have not been designed to walk the path they have walked, face the failures they have encountered and dream the dreams they have envisioned. You are uniquely you in every sense of the word and you were designed and created for purpose. So, instead of wishing you deserve to live someone else's life. 
LIVE YOURS! Re-discover yourself, be malleable, be open, be teachable, be submissive to the process. Be willing to let things go, don't hold on the the past while expecting the future. 

My answer to those that ask why and how I do what I do, it's simple. I love what I do. When you love what you do, even though it's hard work, it is hard work that you enjoy! :-) I don't wish/desire/compare myself to others. I embrace the totality of who I am--strengths, flaws, weaknesess and all. I am confident in the God who made me. Now you see it doesn't mean I am perfect, ha! Far from it! 
It only means that I don't mind failing or falling at certain things because they present opportunities for new growth and learning. And, I love learning new stuff.

So for you who still have dreams, stop dreaming and start living your dreams. For those who have goals, start executing them. Don't live life wishing you were someone/something else,  when you can be someone else's wish by living your life! 

Apart from being a mommy, I want my Jolly to grow up knowing me as a woman who works hard. A woman who chooses to sacrifice the pleasures and comforts of the present for the joys and gratification of the future. A woman is who is not afraid to live her dreams even when it is not the norm. A woman who has no fear of failing because she is not afraid of learning. A woman who loves her husband. A woman who is fulfilled in living her life they way God designed it. A woman who embraces her heavenly Father and lives her life to please Him alone.

These are the some of the principles I have chosen to live by. Not by the world's standards, but according to His perfect plan for me. I am very excited about what the future holds, because I know who holds my future!

May the choices you make today be the beginning of a lifetime of great happiness and fulfillment.

Have a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment